Tips on Avoiding the Comparison Trap
Have you ever heard of a term called “healthy competition”? Competition can be a driving force when used properly. For instance, when two or more WAHMs get together and see who can sell the most product in a month or who can make the most customer follow-up calls in an hour can be fun. Having that competition going can give you something to work for and you may end up accomplishing more than you would have otherwise.
However, things can turn unhealthy when you start comparing yourself to your WAHM friends. If you have you ever found yourself thinking “Gee, Sally is so successful. I wish I was more like Sally. My life would be perfect if I could be like Sally.” You are comparing yourself to others. It may seem like human instinct – but do not fall into the trap!
You need to be proud of who you are and what you are doing. You do not have Sally’s life – she may have older children and eight hours a day to work on her business whereas you have a newborn and a toddler and only a few hours a day to work. It is important to set your goals realistically. Remember the old saying “Rome wasn’t built in a day?” It applies to your business as well! And who knows if Sally is really as successful as she is? Maybe she is saying she is more successful than she actually is. Sally may actually be comparing herself to you!
It is normal to wonder if your business is doing well, or if you are making as much as you could be. Seek out advice from someone who has been where you are now. They can offer an honest opinion and can tell you what they did to achieve their success. Remember to use their advice as a guideline. You need to set your own deadline. It doesn’t matter if it takes you a bit longer to achieve your goals. Building a successful business is not a race – it is a marathon! By working consistently on your business, you will achieve your goals.
- Design a Home Office - Tips for Setting Up Your Work Space
- Busy Kids - Keeping Your Kids Busy While You Work at Home
- Getting Hubby On Board
- The To - Do List...Your Best Friend
- Balancing Work and Home Life
- Dealing With the Isolation Being A WAHM Brings With It
- Finding Enough Hours In The Day
- Quick and Easy Marketing Ideas
- Avoiding the WAHM Weight Gain
- How To Work On The Go
- When Stress Is High – How To Unwind
- Creating your own Income Opportunities
- Creative Childcare Solutions For WAHMs
- Easy Time Management Tricks for WAHMs
- How to Stay Confident in your Decision to be a WAHM
- Organization Tips for WAHMs
- Remember to Take Care of Yourself
- Simple Ways for WAHMs to Balance Work and Relationships
- Stepping Out of the WAHM Comfort Zone
- Teaming up with other WAHMs on Joint Ventures
- Tips for Staying Focused on your Business
- Tips on Avoiding the Comparison Trap
- WAHM Networking 101
- Walking the WAHM Tightrope Balancing Work and Family
- What it Takes to be a Successful WAHM
- Yes it is Possible to Earn Money from Home