WAHM Networking 101
If you have been searching online for work at home opportunities, you have probably come across several websites, message boards and forums. These message boards and forums will allow you to meet and network with WAHMs across the world.
Networking online with other moms on message boards is very easy! Find a forum that you like, register an account and post an introduction message right away. Let the other moms know where you are from and what you want to accomplish with working at home. The women you meet there will provide you with advice on how to start a business, information on a wide variety of subjects, employment opportunities, and they will be more than happy to lend an ear when you need to complain about a bad day.
Start reading other people’s posts – you will notice that there is a section where the poster can list their business website. Visit the different websites – eventually you will find a few work at home moms that have businesses similar to the type you would like to start. Send them a message and let them know you admire their business and ask for advice on how you can get started in the same type of field.
Keep reading and replying to posts regularly; you will find that people have questions about things you are an ‘expert’ in. By building relationships and establishing credibility, people will come to you when they have a need for the product or service you provide.
Seek out the services of other home based moms when you need help with something. If you have done business with a certain mom, recommend her services to others when they need them! Your work at home friend will appreciate your help and will recommend your services to other people.
Eventually, someone new to the WAHM community will seek you out and ask for your advice on how to get started. Take them under your wing and show them a few helpful pointers. You may not be able to pay back all of the mothers who have helped you with your business, but you can definitely pay it forward by helping others!
- Design a Home Office - Tips for Setting Up Your Work Space
- Busy Kids - Keeping Your Kids Busy While You Work at Home
- Getting Hubby On Board
- The To - Do List...Your Best Friend
- Balancing Work and Home Life
- Dealing With the Isolation Being A WAHM Brings With It
- Finding Enough Hours In The Day
- Quick and Easy Marketing Ideas
- Avoiding the WAHM Weight Gain
- How To Work On The Go
- When Stress Is High – How To Unwind
- Creating your own Income Opportunities
- Creative Childcare Solutions For WAHMs
- Easy Time Management Tricks for WAHMs
- How to Stay Confident in your Decision to be a WAHM
- Organization Tips for WAHMs
- Remember to Take Care of Yourself
- Simple Ways for WAHMs to Balance Work and Relationships
- Stepping Out of the WAHM Comfort Zone
- Teaming up with other WAHMs on Joint Ventures
- Tips for Staying Focused on your Business
- Tips on Avoiding the Comparison Trap
- WAHM Networking 101
- Walking the WAHM Tightrope Balancing Work and Family
- What it Takes to be a Successful WAHM
- Yes it is Possible to Earn Money from Home