Starting a Computer Support Business
If you can offer support in the areas of viruses, software issues, spyware concerns, hard drives, etc. then opening up a computer support business from home may be right for you. Your support business can bring some much needed help to other home or even businesses computer users.
What skills are helpful?
Your local community college probably offers a set of courses that will train you in all of the different areas of knowledge that you're going to need. If you want to provide services under warrantee, you'll need to take and pass a proficiency course with the individual computer makers.
What tools are needed?
A simple computer toolkit is going to include some screwdrivers of varying small sizes, compressed air and cleaning cloths. As most computer owners are afraid to open up their systems for simple cleaning and maintenance, you'll be cleaning as you go.
How do you get started?
You need a website. Set up contact information, hours of operation, what your support service offers, what your rates are and make your possible clients feel at home when they visit your website. Let them know that you are an expert in your area and show them that by hiring you they are going to get the service and support that they need.
Insurance is another tool that is needed. Insurance will not only make the customer feel safe knowing that if something goes wrong it will be covered but it will also cover you in the unfortunate event that something does go wrong!
Flyers are a great way to spread the word about your new business. They can be hung up at your local grocery stores, bulletin boards at the library, and businesses in your area.
There is a big demand for computer support and you can even offer tutoring for people who want to use the internet but don’t have any experience. A large percentage of these clients may be elderly people who haven’t been exposed to the internet as often as the younger generation.
By offering a wide variety of computer support services, you can ensure more regular work.
Building a business still takes time and perseverance but with a little desire and hard work it can certainly be done.
- Promotional Products Business
- Selling items on eBay
- Home Embroidery Business
- Direct Sales Business
- Coaching Business
- Tips to Help You Become a Life Coach
- Web Design Business
- Medical Transcription Business
- General Transcription Business
- Virtual Assistant Business
- Tips to Help Get Your Virtual Assistant Business Up and Running
- Ghostwriting Business
- How to Become a Ghostwriter
- How to Start Your Own Gift Basket Supply Business
- Making Money with Affiliate Marketing
- Making Money with Information Products
- Start a Soap Making Business
- Starting a Children's Tutoring Business
- Starting a Cleaning Service
- Starting a Computer support Business
- Starting a Home Based Secretarial Business
- Starting a Party Supply Business
- Starting Your Own Home Based Bookkeeping Service
- Tips for Starting a Catering Business
- Starting Your Own Candle Business
- Become a Mystery Shopper
- Personalized Candy Wrapping Business
- Internet Research Business
- More WAHM Home Business Ideas